- - Springdale, OH
- Full Time
Receiving personnel are tasked with unloading and loading trucks either at dock or yard by forklift, pallet jack or by hand if necessary (team lifting). Counting in product and doing reports on receiving. Keeping a SAFE and clean work area. Learning and knowing product stock item numbers and locations (inventory management).
Essential Job Functions
The basic description of the position is "receiving" but here are some more detailed examples of what we expect from our receiving personnel:
- Loading and Unloading trucks when they arrive.
- Counting in product as it is received.
- Doing various reports on receiving and forklift maintenance.
- Learning where certain stock is kept.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Professionalism- dependability, accountability and punctuality.
- Forklift operating experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as square footage, square yard, linear feet.
- Basic computer skills for doing receiving reports.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs of weight.
Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting (up to 50lbs.), pushing, pulling and moving items
- Requires the ability to move around the store and maneuver merchandise when necessary
Responding to public address system announcements
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels
- Requires recognizing, identifying and using merchandise and necessary reports
- Being on feet for extended periods of time